By Sandra Reames
417-230-5775 phone or text
Call in phone for show: 417-330-1063
Today you meet my little sister from New Mexico. She lives at 6000 feet altitude in the Jemez (Hamous). Mountains. This is her recipe and by the way she also grows the cherries for this delicious pie. You can tell that we are sisters, we both walk on the other side of center, but as always I want you to enjoy the experience along with us and Scott McCaulley on KRZK.com.
Sharon’s Boozy Sweet Cherry Pie
- 4 cups pitted fresh dark sweet cherries, cleaned and pitted
- 1/3 cup bottled cherry juice
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup of amaretto
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon butter, cut into small chunks
- 1 pastry for a double-crust 10-inch pie
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Mix brown sugar, white sugar, and cornstarch together in a bowl.
- Slowly stir the cherry juice and amaretto into the sugar mixture. Stir until the sugar has dissolved;
- Add cherries. Allow to stand while you prepare pastry dough, about 15 minutes.
- Line a 10-inch pie dish with a pastry crust, and fill with the cherry filling; sprinkle small chunks of butter over the filling. Top with the remaining crust, and crimp the edges to seal; cut several steam vents into the top crust with a sharp paring knife.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the cherry filling is bubbling and thickened and the pie crust is browned, 35 to 40 minutes. Allow to cool before serving.
Listen to Sandra and Scott MC Caulley on the radio every Tuesday Morning on KRZK FM 106.3 @ 9:10. We hope that you will listen and call in to help others and to share your experiences, good and bad!
Sandra has been a professional cook and caterer for 15 years.
Scott is a radio professional for over 25++++years.
Both live in the Branson, MO area.
The articles and show are to help you find confidence in the kitchen where you can provided good tasting and “better for you” meals to your family and friends even if you are an accomplished cook or a beginner, we all share those moments when we all needed help! We both talk about how we need to laugh at our selves.
Any comments or information can be e-mailed to
Sandra’s Phone 417-230-5775
To listen to the show on line go to